[TowerTalk] How bend aluminum tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How bend aluminum tubing
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:58:13 +0100
>I need to put a 90 degree bend in 1/2 inch 1/16 wall antenna element
>aluminum tubing. Suggestions for applying a reasonably smooth radius
>without cracking or excessively fatiguing the aluminum will be appreciated.

There is some stuff on the market called CERABLEND ( I think is how you
spell it) It looks like lead and feels like lead however it melts at 150
degrees. Just melt some and pour it into the tubing then when it cools the
aluminum tubing will be like a solid rod. Then bend the "rod" as needed
when finished just heat up the thing with a propane torch and pour out the
CERABLEND, reusable for another time.

Mike...NO6X