[TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Designs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Designs
From: dlhough@vegas.infi.net (Dave Hough)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:05:09 -0700
> Hi Dave,
>
> I have never seen a copy of any of Rohn's calculations either.  If we could
> just get a good example of exactly how the calculations are done, this would
> be a great start on writing a program to do it.  Of course, if we are ever
> successful at this, how will Rohn ever be able to charge $5000 (plus $300 an
> hour) to make these calculations again?  I wouldn't expect much cooperation
> from Rohn on this project . . . :-)
>
> Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

        I'd be frightened as heck regarding the liability issues. Don't know
what it's like for EE's but for Civil every time someone stubs a toe in
a parking lot its worth 1 million.

        Most of what we're talking about is vector analysis.

        I plainly see why Rohn charges an arm and leg for their calculations.
You're buying an insurance policy on which they get to collect the
premium one time only.

73
Dave, KC7DM
Las Vegas