[TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Designs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Designs
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 05:15:22 -0400 (EDT)

>       I'd be frightened as heck regarding the liability issues. Don't know
>what it's like for EE's but for Civil every time someone stubs a toe in
>a parking lot its worth 1 million.
>
>       Most of what we're talking about is vector analysis.
>
>       I plainly see why Rohn charges an arm and leg for their calculations.
>You're buying an insurance policy on which they get to collect the
>premium one time only.
>
>73
>Dave, KC7DM
>Las Vegas

We are drifting away from towers right now and I promise I won't drift any
further than this post, but I feel I have to say this.

Next time you get to serve on a jury and somebody wants to collect big time
from an insurance company (generally because they did something really
stupid and want to bill it to the insurance company), don't be generous with
the insurance company's money thinking the insurance company has a
bottomless pit of money.  They extract every penny of that money right out
of your pocket and mine.  For all of this "jury generosity" we now get to
pay by not being able to have some software we desparately need.  We create
part of the problem ourselves by overloading our towers and billing the
crashes to the insurance companies.  If I were an insurance investigator, I
wouldn't recommend paying on one tenth of the ham antenna and tower crashes
I have heard about since they are due to dumb errors on the part of the owner.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com