[TowerTalk] RE: XYL must approve antenna's...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: XYL must approve antenna's...
From: k9huh@icss.net (Ted & Joyce Wilhelm)
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 17:35:23 -0500
Very interesting discussion.

        I thought that we had a pretty good solution for money problems - we
always discuss major purchases and get mutual approval beforehand.

        I had to do some mighty hard talking to get the new  tower. I describe
it to the neighbor's as a work of art similiar to the Eiffel Tower.
          Next came the new radio- that wasn't too hard to convince the spouse
that I needed it. I could reach those rare DX stations without having to
retune the radio
        But boy , oh boy, did I ever have to talk and talk to get the spouse to
go along with the purchase of the new Alpha.
        After three months of discussions- and lots of persuasion,the go ahead
was finally given.
         The station here is really nice I am pretty proud and thankful for the
station here- am really quite pleased but there are only two minor
problems -
 the OM won't let me get on the air as often as I want and boy, oh boy,
does he get aggravated when the DX station says, "The YL only please".

        Convince your XYL  to get a license and  really enjoy.

        Joyce  and Ted
        N9STl and K9HUH