[TowerTalk] RE: XYL must approve antenna's...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: XYL must approve antenna's...
From: k4ldr@sunco.com (Peter J. F. Shaw)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 01:17:08 -0400
Greetings Towertalkians:

My bride doesn't have any disagreement with antenna towers of any
height or lotsa wire strung around in the air, or all the wire radials
laying on the ground surface waiting to snare a prey.  Why, just a few
days ago she said "Why dontcha build an 80 foot tower over there"
[pointing].  "That would act as a lightning rod and maybe protect the
house from getting wacked (again)".    Done deal!

My bride is very wise cuz she paid attention during the power company
lightning expert's talk about lightning avoidance.  You see, we
recently got
nailed by two direct lightning strikes and another in a tree <70 ft
from the house in less than one month!  Fire in radio central and all
that commotion and damage (but not a lick of ham gear lost).   Not
only is my bride a great antenna construction groundman, ahhh...
ground person,
but a superior go-fer as well.  She has been my field day class 1B
partner too.  She's KE4CXI.

73,
Sparky - the lightning king of Citrus County, Florida
(Pete  K4LDR)