[TowerTalk] Verticals with Elevated Radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals with Elevated Radials
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 18:24:15 -1000

->Are your radials just laying on top of the ground?  Mine are insulated
>and just meander around the back 40 on top of the brush and ground.

Hi Tom,

Well,   mine are supposed to be elevated.  But,  the vines out here
grow faster,  it seems,  than either Triox or RoundUp can kill them
off!!

The vines growing on the radial wires  have pulled the resonant
frequencies way below where I had everything last May.

I may have to resort to flame throwers or bulldozers,  hi.

73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai
( that means it rains a lot,  and the weeds and vines grow so
fast,  you must jump out of the way!)