[TowerTalk] Verticals with Elevated Radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals with Elevated Radials
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 12:06:39 -0400
> Are your radials just laying on top of the ground?

I used to pin mine down with stiff wire hooks, then I graduated to lifting
sod clods with a spade and hold them down by dropping the clod on them.

Since I bought a small tractor with three point hitch, I use a homebrew
gizmo that buries them any depth up to six inches as fast as the tractor
can go. I bury them as close to the surface as I can, to minimize dirt
between the radial and radiator.

If I didn't mow the pastures or have animals and people running around, I'd
just lay em out like you do in straight lines.