[TowerTalk] mast strength.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mast strength.
From: rjbro@MISNET.COM (Richard J Brown)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:36:39 -0600
I have a  twelve foot long  piece of galvanized pipe I want to use for a
mast.  On the pipe is stamped in red  "
" Wheatland cbw rn 1176  cbw rm 1504  astm A53 -f- gra 40  A 21 foo
32698 DI."
This has an outside  Diameter of  one and three quarter inches.  It
just does fit through the rohn 2" thrust bearing...  I want to use it to
mount a beam  with a  4.9 square foot wind surface at the top of the
mast pipe   which is  sticking ten feet  out of the  top of a flat top
rohn 25 top  section  with  the  rohn  thrust  bearing on the flat  top
and a rotor in the usual place. How much wind would it take to bend this
pipe??  Thanks  Dick W5AA