[TowerTalk] Painting Fiberglass Spreaders?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Painting Fiberglass Spreaders?
From: franknorton@home.com (Frank Norton KB8XU)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:30:26 -0400
Hello Bill,

The least expensive and best way I've ever found  to paint fiberglass__IF U
NEED TO PAINT IT--is boat paint primer.  The good brands at any marina go
on in one coat for our purposes...and this paint is made to resist all
kinds of elements that may cause degradation.  It is like armor, resists
sun, water, corrosive bird droppings....on and on.  The fiberglass primer
is available in spray or brush on.  Use the spray--only if u like to see ur
hard earned dollars blow away!  Or u have to get it done FAST.

The main point I would be concerned about is whether u need to paint at
all.  U could save some bucks if u check with the mfg specs.  But if u
can't be sure I would usr the boat paint.

Good luck and enjoy ur loop!

73 de Frank KB8XU

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----