[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:42:05 +0200
I don't want to discuss if a one or two WL horizontal loop suspended 20/30
ft around an house is or not an efficient antenna, whose I don't think, but
I've also doubts if its really suitable for small lots and really invisible
to neighborhood .
Which kind of 30 ft poles can be invisible and do not move in wind to avoid
a thin wire (invisible) doesn't break ?
Which kind of noises (TV, PC, etc.) can be induced in the loop by all the
domestic appliances when the hose is the core itself of the coil ?

73,
Mauri I4JMY

> Hi Tom - thanks for your comments. Disagreements are always welcomed
here -
> its the only way I can learn something.
>
> The 2WL loop sounds interesting, and could be used by some on the
perimeter
> of their lots, though the required height might be a problem. How would
you
> suggest it was fed ? For those who find open line impractical, due to
> house-entry etc., is there a way to feed with coax ?
>
> With regard to wire-type, I would recommend people to be on the lookout
for
> surplus telephone wire, often discarded by linesmen when they are renewing
> cables. The stuff here has 4 cores of copper (for the signal), and 6 cores
> of steel (for strength) - I use it for my 1WL delta loop on 80, with no
> problems.
>
> Tim EI8IC

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----