Fw: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:17:43 EDT
You sumed it up real well.  It's a great antenna.  As I  have suggested many
times use 136' of open wire line or 123' of 450 ohm ladder line into a
balanced tuner. If used on the funadmental band install .15 WL high for max
ground reflection.  For 2F or higher install a minimum of 40' to aid endifre
vertical apttern that gets progressively sharper and with more gain at each
higher frequency.pattern.  Because the vertical pattern is is sharper, with
gain and not a circle like a dipole it tends to lower the angle. See the  CQ
article a few month ago for the patterns.  Insted of arguing about it as some
are--why don't you try it?

A few year ago a ham had an article about a 40M quad loop using insulated
wire laying on the edges of the roof which "no neighbor can see."  It's a
good receive antenna and on transmit did a good job even laying on the roof.
Since it's close to the house (laying right on it) I'd suggest 67.5' of open
wire line and a balanced tuner.  There is a way to use if over the "entire
75M band" with a resistive low Z at the end of the feedline using a 3 gang BC
variable in seies with one lead to ground.  I'll do a complete write up on it
this fall  There is another 75M antenna that will cover the entire 75M band
I'll do the same for those who had a problem with it.  k7gco

In a message dated 9/4/01 10:56:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ei8ic@eircom.net