[TowerTalk] Equipment grounding - in shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Equipment grounding - in shack
From: rmoodyg@concentric.net (Richard M. Gillingham)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:28:29 -0500
I have one piece of equipment that I deliberately ungrounded....

My Yaesu G800SDX was squirrelly.  The az indication would change by as
much as 25 - 30 deg when I keyed up a nearby 2 meter packet txcvr.
Cured the prob by putting a 3wire to two wire adapter on the plug and
opened the ground path.  I have a polyphaser lightning arrestor on this
cable (and everything else) at the entrance to the house, but I
disconnect all the cables during our frequent storms here.

Gil,
W4PJI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----