[TowerTalk] Equipment grounding - in shack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Equipment grounding - in shack
From: basalop@gte.net (Jim Berry)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:39:34 -0800
Hi Mel,

There is a copper tape you can use.  I think the
sticky part has a conductive glue.  Now it is not
very heavy, and is intended for RF grounding.  I
would use it along with a heavy wire ground of your
choice.  If they do not provide a ground terminal on the
device you want to ground, you are stuck with putting a
heavy wire under a screw.  I use both.  In most cases they
make use of the green wire for AC grounding.  As you know,
it is not really the best RF grounding system.

I was able to find some thin copper tape like material at
a swap meet.  It does not have any glue on it.  I use it
for RF grounding in places where I will be moving the
equipment around.  Of course I have to find, or add,
attachment points for the thin copper tape with no glue.

73 Jim K7SLI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----