[Towertalk] Yaesu indicator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Yaesu indicator
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 15:07:44 -0500
At 11:22 AM 3/5/02 -0500, Don Havlicek wrote:
>Steve,
>It sounds like the 'sending potentiometer' in the rotor is LOOSE.

I don't think so.  I have noticed this phenomenon with my new-style G-800SA
as well.  Tentatively, I think it may have to do with imperfect contact in
the plugs I use to disconnect for lightning protection.  Typically, it
settles down after a little while -- a few back-and-forth cycles.  I think
this may be the new indicators' version of the old "crank around full
counterclockwise and stay there" syndrome.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org