[Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:03:22 -0800
I got to  disagree with you on this one K4RV...

No way is having a crank down and or tiltover better - I would go with the
guyed tower over and over again - ESPECIALLY AFTER SEEING WHAT ANDREW DID!

If an act of God is gonna come and take things out then its gonna
come...otherwise for day to day I will opt for the solid guyed tower over
and over again...if its gonna take things out you have insurance....do not
feel safe thinking you can just crank it down cause it will still rip it off
the face of your yard and deposit it in your neighbors yard! So - what did
you gain - NOTHING - and you have a tower which you have to worry about
24/7/365 because of its inherent inadequacies.

Too many horror stories of lost fingers and toes for me - have you ever been
on one of those when it decided to shift just a little and settle in...I
have - a sure way to add skid marks to ones shorts!

Jim, K4OJ
near Tampa, FL
formerly of Homestead, FL