[Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS
From: wy6k@yahoo.com (WYsixK)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:01:53 -0800 (PST)
I vote for Crank up towers.  The danger of climbing tall fixed towers
seems a lot higher to me than the danger of

1)  climbing a retracted Crank up tower once the sections have been
truly locked in place, or

2)  tilting it over and working on the antennas.

Not only that, there aren't any guy wires to clutter up the landscape
or the antenna patterns.

And don't overlook the danger to the climber if a guy wire lets go
while the climber is near the top.  I've seen that disaster firsthand.