[Towertalk] deed restrictions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] deed restrictions
From: K3AIR@arrl.net (Mike Lazaroff K3AIR)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:55:55 -0800
Well, Joe, your homeowner's association is definitely in the minority.
Around here ALL homeowner's associations specifically prohibit ham
antennas/towers as well as a million other things that some developer felt
necessary to prohibit.  These "associations" exercise more power than any
local municipal government and personally, I'm offended that they are
allowed to do so.  The idea that someone can create such restictions that
forever bind all successor owners is something that flies in the face of
private property rights that we have in this country.  The fact is that it
is getting near impossible to buy new property without running into this
garbage, and there is no right of appeal as there is in the case of zoning
laws.  I settled for an older house with less land than I would have liked
to avoid these busybodies who have nothing better to do than to watch all
their neighbors and dictate how other people can use the property that
they're going to spend the next twenty to thirty years paying for.

73, Mike K3AIR