[Towertalk] deed restrictions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] deed restrictions
From: n9en@voyager.net (N9EN@VOYAGER.NET)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:50:17 -0600
At the risk of sounding belligerent, I think that Joe - K4IK,
needs to do his homework on this issue. I can't remember
where I saw the article in, whether it was in U.S. News &
World Report magazine or in a Chicago Tribune newspa-
per. But where ever it was, the article dealt with the sub-
ject of "Homeowner's Associations" and how abusive they
had become.

Many of these "Associations" had taken it upon themselves
to rigorously "enforce" the CCRs and in the process, fore-
close on property owners who had committed the slight-
est infractions of their CC&R restrictions. And this was
being done with the help of lawyers through the U.S.
court systems!

Because of these "Associations'" actions, MANY home-
owners actually LOST their property due to foreclosure
by the "Associations" and it was all perfectly "legal." I
believe that there have been Congressional investigations
that have taken place on this.

The subject reminds me of a former employer that I had
quite some time ago. This company, for whom I had
worked 19 years, prided itself on the very strict dress
code that it had for ALL of the employees who worked
there. NO ONE wore blue jeans or tennis shoes; ALL of
the males wore ties (factory workers, such as myself,
wore bow ties) and ALL of the females wore either skirts
or dresses. There were no exceptions to this.

Whenever the subject of the dress code would come up
among my co-workers, I always told them that in my
opinion, there were more criminals running around the
United States that wore suits than wore blue jeans; the
only difference was that the ones wearing the suits were
able to get away with their criminal acts because the laws,
the lawyers and the courts allowed them to.

Shortly before I was layed off permanantly from that com-
pany, they decided to "relax" the dress code. The wearing
of ties by male factory workers was optional; likewise was
the wearing of skirts and dresses by the female workers.
By this time, they already had conducted one lay-off and
most of the employees were fearful of losing their jobs, so
they continued to adhere to the former "strict" dress code.

That didn't get them anywhere because many of them, my-
self included, were layed off anyway!

Sorry for having made this so long. Happy tower and
antenna work. CU on the bands...

73 de Brad, N9EN @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)...