[Towertalk] Re: Any glaring discrepancies? -- Summary

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Any glaring discrepancies? -- Summary
From: Jim White" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:13:59 -0400
this bri gs up an interesting question....

how close to the top plate should one put the bottom antenna in a stack...

mechanically placing it as low as possible mean a smaller "moment" affecting
the mast...

I like having enough room for an automotive jack to raise the mast up by
pushing on the boom...this make a rotor swap out duck soup...

But there is the question of electrical interaction with the tower...which I
imagine is lower when the bottom antenna is higher...

Thoughts?

check out this site:
http://www.qsl.net/fqp

 K4OJ