[Towertalk] Crank up tower advice needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Crank up tower advice needed
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (kb9cry@attbi.com)
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 14:18:46 +0000
I'd install a Trylon self supporting tower instead,
unless you absolutely can not climb.  The Trylon
sections can be hand carried and installed piece by
piece with no crane required (even though it's a lot
easier with a crane).  Crankups require a lot more
maintenance and introduce their own inherent safety
risks which, IMHO, in the long run, are more than a nice
self supporter.  Just my opinion.  I don't overly enjoy
climbing myself but I really get the heebie jeebies
climbing on a crankup.  Tilt over is a nice concept but
there's more mechanical stuff to maintain.  Phil  KB9CRY