[Towertalk] lightning-slightly off topic

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] lightning-slightly off topic
From: k3bz@arrl.net (Jerry Keller)
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 11:29:48 -0400
A "well-grounded tower" DOESN'T get hit? I thought lightning always takes
the EASIEST path to ground. Isn't proper grounding of the tower designed to
provide an easier path for lightning into the ground rather than have it go
thru your equipment? I would guess that the tower in the picture isn't close
enough to the plane to be a better ground path. Any comments? Jerry K3BZ