[Towertalk] lmr 400 question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] lmr 400 question
From: ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com (Ronald KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:18:37 -0400
> is the lmr 400 ok to connect to a yagi or other antenna on a rotating mast ?

   I would mount the end connector, a female if possible, binding
it to a tower leg with a SS hose band and I would use cheap RG-8/U
as the `whip cable' 4-6 feet is frequently used.  (NOT foam)

   Every time the tower and antennas are inspected, I would replace it,
(once or twice a year) whether it needs it or not, preventive maintenance.
   I reuse UHF males over and over, so that major cost would be less.

   I flood the inside of the interface between the PL259 and the SO234
with silicone (clear) heat sink grease to keep the water out, it will
not prevent good electrical contact.  It keeps the water out.
(about $9 per oz.)

   The SS clamp and connector against the tower leg is the `grounding kit'.

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997   SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm