[TowerTalk] how vertical is vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] how vertical is vertical
From: n8dcj@yahoo.com (dan bookwalter)
Date: Wed Mar 5 08:21:11 2003
wait for a
> moment with no wind, and voila.

in my experience once you get above the tree line the
wind NEVER stops... i was amazed the first time i
worked on a 100+ footer it was really calm on the
ground but around 70-80 ft it was 15-20mph
constantly... just drop a light rope from the top and
watch the arc down to just below the average tree line
where it comes back into the tower...

just my .02/experience...