[TowerTalk] Location location & SALESMEN

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Location location & SALESMEN
From: ny9h@arrl.net (Bill NY9H)
Date: Mon Apr 7 11:14:17 2003

> >   i was told a salesmen is programmed to lie to make the sale

GEE, I always was told that ALL people, including installers, salesmen, and
even owners in the HVAC business were rotten cheats, who would misrepresent
furnace /airconditioning products, and then install them using inferior
products and out of code installation techniques...creating massive fires,
and even flooding, tornadoes and hurricanes.

But then again you should have seen the people that told me that.!!

Yes I AM A SALESMAN... DID IT FOR THIRTY YEARS...STILL DO IT !!!
  GUESS I WAS LUCKY , SINCE I DIDN'T HAVE TO LIE ABOUT ANYTHING I WAS
SELLING.  I do think the 'buyer' does have some responsibility to do some
'diligence' in selecting with whom he does business. You go to a schlocky
used car lot, you'll get schlocked.  Before I reroofed, I checked with the
local building
dept....yup good ole AFFORDABLE ROOFING.. THE LOW PRICED GUY,
seemed to have a propensity to setting roofs on fire as he did the flashings!!
A real torch job !!   It is too bad that some peoples exposure to salesmen
has been on the negative side. ..( there are definitely some real doozies)

Now I'll go raise and lower my tower a few times; to get back on topic.

bill  ,  a manufacturers sales rep  ( and proud of it )