Re: Fw: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower base hole?

To: rgshauger@myyellowstone.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Fw: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower base hole?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 14:33:51 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/03 11:29:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rgshauger@myyellowstone.net writes:

> I have noticed many of tower bases designs are being redesigned for larger
>  and deeper bases for the exact same tower model.

    The TIA-222 is the Tower Standard and periodically undergoes revisions as
do the various building codes; i.e. UBC, etc.

    Also the different bases could be designed for different windspeeds and
overturning moments.

>  Is there a reason for this, other than manufacturing liability issues?

    Tower companies are insurance-driven enterprises. They're reluctant to
tell you the customer anything. That's why it's almost impossible to get any
specific non-published info from them and they won't let you talk to any
engineers.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -