Re: [TowerTalk] Give it a Break!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Give it a Break!
From: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:01:10 -0500
Mark,

Let me say up front that my comment about egos was not directed at you or
anyone in specific and really had no place on this forum. I wanted to take
it back as soon as I hit the enter key.  I have noted many times in the past
the knowledgeable comments that you have made.  You're similar to K4NZ, if
you have something to say it is usually worth reading.

That being said let me suggest that the judgment of the magnitude of his
offense is very subjective if one accepts the fact that W4BSG committed an
offense.  All I heard was an "opinion" that made little sense.  Certainly
nothing that required being vilified in this or any other forum.  Two or
three comments would have sufficed in my "opinion".  In retrospect it looks
like it was a slow morning for a lot of us LOL.

I have no issue with Kurt's site or the posting of his technical work.  It's
loss would be just that, a loss to the rest of us..  I would certainly hope
that he would not shut down his site because of one comment that was not
thought through or well advised.

My apologies if I offended you.  It was not my intent.

With that I am going to take my own advice and "knock it off".
Pat, K8PC