RE: [TowerTalk] Climbing is risky business

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Climbing is risky business
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:15:47 -0600
> Needless to say, I'm still here but every now and then I think about
> that first time.  :-)

Glad you're still here.

Everytime I climb, it's the first time.

I work very hard to be frightened about what it is that I'm doing: elevating
my body high enough above ground to kill me.

The last thing I want is to become confident/over-confident, relaxed and
overly sure of myself and my abilities up there.

I work very hard to do things in kind of a slow-motion, by-the-numbers way.

I try to think through every action and what it's bad effects may be.

For me, there are few, if any, room for errors and mistakes up there.  There
are no shortcuts.

73,
dale, kg5u