Re: [TowerTalk] climbing is risky business

To: "Mike Gilmer - N2MG" <n2mg@contesting.com>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] climbing is risky business
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:27:47 -0500
At 05:59 AM 2/2/04 -0800, N2MG wrote:
You can find that photo in several places on the
web... I'll bet this is it:

http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/53a722f2/6c779727

Actually, there needs to be three guys up there - one
to take the photo. You can see his foot if you look
for it!

And a very wide-angle lens. I'm no expert on NY geography -- wonder if anyone can identify the site from the streets and buildings. I have a hunch that there's a manlift inside the structure behind the corner reflector. D'you suppose they're looking for a bird's nest inside the antenna element? Maybe they need a plastic owl(?)

I may be in the minority, but weather aside, the climbing is the bad part for me, not working at height.

73, Pete N4ZR Check out the World HF Contest Station Database Updated 9 Jan 04 www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm