RE: [TowerTalk] Static grounding protection-experience

To: <wcmoore@verizon.net>,"reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Static grounding protection-experience
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:20:15 -0000
There were two groups doing rocket triggered lightning.  The florida
group uses above ground buildings, the other one I believe is in
Colorado and uses an underground bunker.  In both cases the rocket
trails a wire to bring the stroke down... it must be noted that although
they both generate large discharges the characteristics may not ge
exactly the same as natural lightning, because of the early triggering
of the stroke the charge is not as close to the ground as it normally
would be.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net