Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding, Lightning & corona discharge

To: j4976@juno.com, jimjarvis@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding, Lightning & corona discharge
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:59:14 +0000
I've been led to believe that this may help; the energy may zap through the
coax/wire jacket/insulation into the ground.  This may also be bad in that if
it's direct burial stuff, you'll need to replace it.  What I do know, and don't
see at most ham's installations, is that any overhead routings from the tower
to the house should be dropped to the ground at the house, grounded to the SPG,
and then rerouted however into the house.  Many hams just route overhead right
into the house; sure way to invite lightning into the home.  Phil  KB9CRY