Re: [TowerTalk] antennas in trees - reprise

To: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antennas in trees - reprise
From: "Chuck Lewis" <clewis@knology.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:43:53 -0500
Bob's addition of another truism (#4, below) to Jim's original 3 begs a
strong caveat: "Correlation is not Causality". While empirical testing is
often less expensive and even quicker than analysis, the interpretation of
results (and anecdotal 'data') without the understanding of an underlying
mechanism can lead one astray!  With that warning acknowledged, can we not
agree that although analysis with verification is the Gold Standard, hams -
and even REAL science - are often well-served by a Silver or Bronze
approach?

Chuck, N4NM