[TowerTalk] Assembled tower; lifting by Crane

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Assembled tower; lifting by Crane
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:18:32 -0800
Tom Said:

>We used sign trucks all the time in Ohio to install
>CATV/MATV headend towers. We'd assemble the entire antenna
>system on the ground and pick it up with a sign (boom)
>truck.

When you pick up an assembled tower, say a Rohn 25, 45, 55 family,  say 80
ft or so, do you need to implement a multi-attachment scheme, or can you
lift from a single point, without damaging the tower.  Or said another way,
how long of a Rohn 25 tower can you lift, assembled:
1.  from a mid point?

2. From one the top, with the base on the ground?

tnx, 73,

de Pat  aa6eg@hotmail.com