Re: [TowerTalk] installing monster masts in towers

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] installing monster masts in towers
From: "Roger K8RI on Tower" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:25:02 -0400

>  Roger, I think some people might be mentally replacing the muffler clamp
> with a picture of a stainless steel hose clamp or the like in their head
> and not realize how similar they are to typical tower u bolts.

Lordy!  The thought of confusing "hose clamps" with "muffler clamps" is
scary<:-))
However, you are right, muffler clamps are pretty much the same as the
u-bolts complete with saddles used in tower and antenna work, except they
are plain steel and will rust if you sneeze at them.  In general they are
pretty sturdy stuff and probably better quality than the stuff at the
discount stores.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com