Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: CATV Hardline: connectors?

To: "Mike Bragassa, K5UO" <bragassa@consolidated.net>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: CATV Hardline: connectors?
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:09:20 -0800 (PST)
Mike:
that 1/2 inch 75 ohms cable  is very easy to put
connectors

cut the cable , remove 1 inch of jacket,  use a dremel
or any other tool that can remove the foam insulator
around 3/4 inch deep  don't cute or damage the center
, is aluminun copper cladd  use an UHF barrel  that
fit in the center conductor , in this steep , you can
desansembly this one and solder the center of the
barrel to the center conductor in the coax or  just
put in under presure , later use a clamp to leave firm
the barrel in the soft aluminum of the coax.

there in the google you can find several ways to do it
, also a copper plumbing option and other similar that
works, the one i try to explain is very easy and you
don't need a university degree to do it

good luck

--- "Mike Bragassa, K5UO" <bragassa@consolidated.net>
wrote:

> Subject: CATV Hardline: connectors?
>

> I was able to pickup 350 feet of "TFC-T10-500JB"
> CATV coax for a run to a
>  80m vertical I am building.. I see I.C.E. has
> transformers for 75-50 Ohm
>  conversion. Good. Delivery??
>
>  Question: How can I fit PL-259's to this cable?
> Where may I locate come
>  papers on this subject?
>
>  The cable is TFC - T10-500JB
>
>  T10 = type of cable (semi flex) - well, that
> depends)
>  500 = 1/2" diameter
>  J = jacketed (black rubber around the aluminum)
>  B = suitable for direct burial
>
>  Thanks for any suggestions, data sources, etc..
>
>  Mike Bragassa, K5UO

Hector Garcia XE2K / XF1K
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp

http://www.dxxe.org