Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering PL259s - What I do

To: NØATH <n0ath@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering PL259s - What I do
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:38:16 -0600
Yes! ReUse is simple with this method as well. Another benefit!

All you do is cut the RG-8 at the back end of the shield solder point.
Hold the connector in a vise, heat the center pin and pull the center conductor
+ dielectric out.
Heat the rear shell and shake the solder and braid off.
The PL-259 connector is ready to be used again.
It's that easy.

I am not a fan of crimping flexible coax (how do you squeeze something that
gives and is not rigid?).
It is also because I can install a PL-259 in less than 5 minutes with this
method and I never have to worry about a "bad crimp".

73!
Tim K3LR