Re: [TowerTalk] Tower accident,

To: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>,Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower accident,
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:06:51 -0700 (PDT)
TT's:
Like Wayne share his experience , I will share mine,
just to explain what can be very dangerous:
Very dangerous is to have the equipment and don't use
it, going cheap  in your tools like the belt (harness)
and lanyards, after a fail you will lost all you save.

Like many, i start climbing towers  with very simple
line man belt and lanyards called painters lanyards-
rope and single action hook, those  several times
scare me and really i will never use it again, never
an accident , just a few "calls", several years with
that style of climbing gear  in small towers  less
than 100ft most of them with small antennas  i think
was not necessary to improve it, but after the last
call  and the possible scenario change my mind, before
all my climbing gear was  like 8 pounds total weight,
called light-  know i get a harness  with 2 lanyards,
2ft , 3-6 ft adjustable, when long stay in the tower
is needed gorilla hook to my harness seat and the  6ft
fall arrest lanyard with gorilla hook at the end, now
I need to carry  not less than 16 pounds but using it
correctly I feel more relaxed , now  i'm slower
climbing but  100% more secure.
every one can take a few minutes more to climb using
the right equipment and save the life.
for sure that money in my harness, lanyards,etc is my
best investment, never is expensive if you use it.

Hector

http://www.roswell-record.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=17238&SectionID=49&;>

_________________________________________________________________>

http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_oct>

> Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ?
> together at last.  Get it now.

Hector Garcia XE2K / XF1K
   Mexicali B.C  DM22fp
P.O.Box 73