[TowerTalk] Tower accident

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower accident
From: Bob Bogash <bobby1@rbogash.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:12:02 -0700
Please, please -- don't take this the wrong way.  I wish nothing but the
best for Greg and his family.

In the next few months, I will have been a ham for 50 years.  Half a
Century.  Still no tower.  I do have all my boat anchors however.  Still
work.  Still use them.

When my Dad died two years ago, and I went back to the old homestead -
there it was!  My old dipole - still hanging between the trees.  Guess I
built it good!  No one knew it was there - but I did.  It was not hard
to find.  TVI drove the neighbors crazy.  Oh well, they're all dead
now......

Yes, I know this is "Tower Talk."  I don't have one, never expect to
ever have one.  But, I like the banter.  My goal is to have a 30 ft push
up some day to get my dipole and wires above a half wavelength.  Maybe a
hexbeam.  Oh, well...

"Beginning DXer".......120 ft tower ----  Guess I was born in the wrong
time warp.

Been a pilot almost as long as a ham.  Old pilots and Bold pilots -----
  applies here as well, I guess.  I'm still flying.

I'm sure I would have liked you Greg.  R.I.P.

Bob
W7DDD