Re: [TowerTalk] tower accident

To: k2vi <k2vi@cox.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower accident
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:59:55 -0700
Hello Tony,
I would hope you decide to positively attach to the tower as soon as you step
off the ground,  the currently accepted standard.
It is a lttle bold these days to free climb and strap off when you arrive at
your work height.

What REALLY concerns me though, is your last statement:
Tony Said:
If this tower was any higher i would exersize a bit more caution.be safe.

I think I mentioned about the 50% fatality rate from falls at 20 ft,
approaching close to 100 percent at 40 ft.

I hope you can develop a mind set that there is no difference in due dilligence
requirements between elevations of 20 ft or 300 ft.

All the Best, 73,
Pat Barthelow aa6eg@hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Subscribe: http://bambi.net/jamesburg.html
Jamesburg Earth Station Moon Bounce Team