Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian Tower Orders

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian Tower Orders
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:35:52 -0700
Mike Fatchett W0MU wrote:
> This is amateur radio with a limited marketplace.  Not Xerox.
>
> What is interesting is that those companies are also providing some of the
> best leading edge products in the hobby.
>
> Yes the world if filled with I have to have it now people.  If they want to
> sacrifice performance, quality and other things so they can have today so be
> it.

Well, one thing the gotta-have-it-now people aren't offering is payment
commensurate with the delivery schedule. If you have enough cash, you
can get the performance, quality, and delivery you want.  But somehow,
there aren't many hams willing to spend $100K for a state of the art
whatever, so they have to wait til there's cumulative investment, either
sweat equity from the inventor, or pre-orders, etc.