Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Tuning - Solved

To: "Richards" <jruing@ameritech.net>, "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Tuning - Solved
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 00:24:24 -0500
We did a test here with a vertical cage antenna. Started with four quarter
wave radials.  SWR was 1:1...every weekend we added four more radials. Each
time the SWR went up and the input impedance went down...when we got to 44
radials we added four more radials to 48 and no change in SWR. My smart
friend said when the SWR stops changing you've pretty much reached the point
of demishing returns.

Have Fun,
dave
wa3gin