Re: [TowerTalk] fancy switches Re: Antenna Switch Needed

To: "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] fancy switches Re: Antenna Switch Needed
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:18:23 +0000
Don't forget you'll still need power at the remote box for the receiver and
also for the relays themselves.  Its easy enough to put dc or 60hz on
feedlines to power remote equipment, its easy to switch 4 relays with just
+/- half wave AC. an audio frequency pickoff would let you use something
like an old telephone modem for remote control... plenty fast enough for
antenna selection, rotors, etc.

But for my money I just use rcs8v remove boxes with good old wire connecting
them to the shack.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net