Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 66-Foot Vertical?

To: "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>, "'Richards'" <jruing@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 66-Foot Vertical?
From: "Ray Benny" <rbenny@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:28:20 -0700
My experience with irrigation pipe:

I've had a two similarly constructed phased 67ft phased verticals for 80m up
for 20 years. Mine are 30 ft of 4 in at the base, next, about 28ft of 3 in,
(two foot overlap) then 9 ft of 2 in coming out of the top.

They are only guyed at the top of the 3 in and at the 3 in / 2 in joint with
Dacron. They do move around a lot in the wind, but since they are so light
there is very little moment/inertia to make them go anywhere. They pivot at
the base, so my wife and I can raise and lower them with ease.

Even if they did come down in the wind, the material is cheap, I'd just
replace the bent parts and go for another 20 years.

Ray,
N6VR