Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor for Long Cable Run

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor for Long Cable Run
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 19:31:54 EDT
Almost any of the larger rotors will work for you if you have heavy enough
wire running to it.  I have a Tailtwister mounted on a 150 foot tower which
 is located about 475 feet from the station.  I use regular 14/2 wiring up
to it.  I combine the black and white to make one conductor in one  length,
do the same for the second run and in the third I use three of the
conductors for terminals 3,4,5 and one of the remaining ground lines from the
first run for number 6.  The starter cap is mounted by the rotor  eliminating
the last two lines, 7 and 8.

The tradewinds get up to about 25-30 MPH at times and the rotor works fine
on the M2 4 el 40 meter Yagi.

By the way, the cost for the run even with inflated KH6 prices was around
$125.  Tailtwister used was $350.  It's hard to beat that total  price.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.