Re: [TowerTalk] Re Plumbing a Tower

To: jpk5lad@cox.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re Plumbing a Tower
From: Brahmangou@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:13:23 EDT
The pan of water will dampen the movement of the plumb bob at the bottom of
 the string, but will not help the plumb line to remain vertical  and
straight in the breeze. I use a plumb line regularly at work, and they are  a
pain outdoors. Here is an easier way to plumb a tower.

I will use the assistance of a picnic table, ice chest, or anything with a
surface that is easily leveled placed about the same distance from the
tower as the tower is tall. On that surface place your framing square
vertically. If you have the surface of the table level, the square is now a
true
vertical. The first time you will probably need an assistant to hold the
square.  Have the assistant place a magnetic level on the flat fertical surface
of the  square to keep it vertical in that direction also. Place yourself in
position so  that the tower and vertical edge of the square are in
alignment. Now look down  the edge of the square and compare it to the tower.
You can
get amazing accuracy  with this method, but takes a little practice.

Marty AB5GU