Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft Parts from MFJ

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft Parts from MFJ
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:54:14 -0700

In my particular case, it's not hostility ... it's resentment.  If every
U.S. company, large or small, cared as little about producing a quality
product as does MFJ there wouldn't be anyone left here in the U.S.,
period.  MFJ is the icon for sloppy and indifferent manufacturing, and
hams who tolerate the unreliable products they make perpetuate the
problem for everyone.  What if everything we buy (antennas, rotators,
rigs, computers) were as poorly built and unreliable as MFJ products?

By the way, MFJ's quality issues don't come from "cutting corners".
They come from doing things wrong, not by omitting them. Installing
proper flows, procedures, and disciplines in their manufacturing lines
would SAVE them money ... they just don't care enough to bother, or are
too ignorant to realize it.

MFJ isn't the Chevrolet of our hobby, they are the Trabant.

Dave   AB7E