Re: [TowerTalk] Shipping Companies

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shipping Companies
From: Bill <bmarx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 08:28:55 -0500
I rented a Drywall dolly from the Rental place at Lowe's. Similar to
those found at Home Depot and others to move lumber etc around the store
and to your car. It said it had a 3000 pound limit. A lot of load for a
drywall cart I thought.

After hauling the 1400 pound Sky Needle 50 miles to my house on an auto
trailer with 4x4's running across to hold the weight, we maneuvered it
onto the dolly. It was then a cinch to roll it around using a couple of
sheets of plywood to make a floor and moving the last one up to the
front each time as it was rolled to the back yard. I had cut two sheets
of plywood down the middle to make a nice one lane highway.

We used small hydraulic car jacks to raise the tower up off the cart and
move it out from under.

Bill W2CQ