Re: [TowerTalk] Next Radial - Question

To: Dan Bookwalter <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Next Radial - Question
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 09:37:58 -0700
Feeding the wire from the tractor is good if the pulls are really long,
but then  you need to build the puller.

A simpler way is to cut each radial to length and pull from the antenna
base with a simple blade that the wire is tied to.  Your lawn tractor
weighs enough to cut into the grass a couple of inches.

With a larger tractor and a single ripper blade, I can pull 10 x 20'
lengths (200') of 1" pvc pipe down 10 - 14" in one pull.  I use a Kellem
grip (like a Chinese finger toy but made of SS wire used to pull large
electrical cables)  to connect to the pipe to the blade.  We put in
2500' of pipe this way, no strain, no leaks.

Grant KZ1W