Re: [TowerTalk] Temp tower idea

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temp tower idea
From: "Marlon K. Schafer \(509-982-2181\)" <ooe@odessaoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:52:38 -0700
Been there done that.

It works fine with a couple of users or very very light data flow.  Ethernet
devices (including radios) really don't like to store and forward.  They
like to bring data in one port and send it out another.

The wireless part of this is what I do every day and have for over a decade
now.  I've got that part down pretty dang well.

I've got lots of temp tower setups around too.  And ideas for more (like my
crank up car trailer insert idea) just waiting for play money and time.

This particular setup is in a very congested area and doesn't allow for
upper vehicle mounting points or guy wires.  This will likely put a LOT of
strain on the base and I just don't want ANY chance of a hardware failure
hurting anyone.

For now, my and my bucket truck are going to head up to the school to help
them fix a roof that's blowing off in the wind!  It's been there since the
80's and we just had the strongest wind in all that time rip part of the
metal trim off.  Nice to have the truck in town!

laters,

marlon