Re: [TowerTalk] CDwelding a tower leg

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CDwelding a tower leg
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:31:56 -0400 (EDT)
You ever take a lightning hit?  I have several times and it was
uh....exciting.  Towers were extensively grounded but not to a common  ground
with the
house.  Three tower legs are not an extensive ground and  will not
dissapate a direct hit and will likely make a beeline to your shack on  the
coax to
finish the job on its way to your home grounding system through the  house.
You are living on borrowed time with that attitude.  Extensive  grounding
is your best friend and the insurance company's.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 9/17/2012 1:17:23 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,