Re: [TowerTalk] CDwelding a tower leg

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CDwelding a tower leg
From: Frank <frankkamp@att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:51:46 -0500
I think it has more to do with location than luck and the tower is only 60 feet high. Lots of tall trees around and all the power lines are above ground. All the power poles have a ground wire running across their tops. About once a year we experience a lightning hit to the power distribution system that kills power for as long as 8 hours.

I have never seen where the lightning hit but from the sound, it is close by. Even so, the tower has never been hit and
I have never had any equipment (appliance or radio) damaged.

My luck is not that good.  I quit buying lottery tickets a long time ago.